DigiNetra was born with a vision to revolutionize the eye-care sector so as to make it affordable, convenient and accessible to all. The founder Dr. Kunal Patil, having a unique blend of expertise in ophthalmology and technology decided to start DigiNetra to address some very important shortcomings in the eye-care space.
Eyes are windows to your health and a number of diseases/conditions can be caught early with just proper evaluation of the eye.
Conditions like Diabetic Retinopathy, Glaucoma, Amblyopia (Lazy Eye), etc are commonly missed while getting eyes checked at an Optical Shop. Without timely intervention, these conditions can be blinding. Children and geriatric population are at a higher risk.
We know, getting a consultation with an ophthalmologist can be both, costly and time consuming.
With DigiNetra, you can get your eyes checked under the supervision of an Ophthalmologist at your convenience and all this at a fraction of the cost.
Your records are stored Digitally, so you can access them whenever & where-ever required. This is very important for conditions like Diabetic Retinopathy & Glaucoma, where you need to keep a check on the progression of the disease by comparison with the previous records.
Common eye conditions are treated then and there!
What’s more, you get assured quality of eye-wear from the best brands, at the best possible price.
- Approximately 60% of people with reduced vision prefer to get their eyes checked at an optical shop without proper ophthalmic evaluation. A number of preventable causes of blindness are missed out.
- India is set to emerge as the diabetic capital of the world. According to the WHO, 31.7 million people were affected by diabetes mellitus (DM) in India in the year 2000. This figure is estimated to rise to 79.4 million by 2030, the largest number in any nation in the world. Almost two-third of all Type 2 and almost all Type 1 diabetics are expected to develop diabetic retinopathy (DR) over a period of time. Without proper screening and treatment, diabetic retinopathy causes irreversible blindness.
- The prevalence of diabetic retinopathy is around 18% in an urban population with diabetes mellitus in India.
- Old age patients are prone to develop potentially blinding conditions like Age Related Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma, Cataract, etc.
- Children with squint and amblyopia (Lazy Eye) need to be diagnosed and treated as early as possible, to prevent blindness.
How it Works?
DigiNetra Clinics are optical stores with a major difference. The emphasis here is on eye-checkup.
The optometrists at DigiNetra are specially trained in refraction (eye vision testing, so the spectacle correction is precise), fundoscopy (retina screening), tonometry (Eye pressure check-up) and basic eye screening for any pathology.
It offers tele-medicine (tele-ophthalmology) for screening of potentially blinding eye diseases like Diabetic Retinopathy, Age Related Macular degeneration, etc and Glaucoma, Amblyopia (Lazy Eye) in children, etc which are potentially blinding if not treated at the right time.
It also offers treatment for common conditions like watering, itching, eye pain, etc. The medications are prescribed electronically (online), and is valid and safe.
Every DigiNetra optical store has an Ophthalmologist (eye doctor) visiting periodically, to treat patients who do not need immediate care. Such patients are clubbed and called on 1 particular date, and attended by the doctor.
Patients’ needing immediate care or surgical intervention are referred to partner hospitals which are top eye hospitals in the area ,where they get special discounts and priority treatment.
Camps are held at it’s stores and surrounding localities to create awareness about the potentially blinding conditions.
DigiNetra currently operates the clinics in Mumbai & Pune in partnership with LifeSpan Diabetic Clinics at three of it’s centres and one is a franchise store.
We are working tirelessly on bringing a clinic near you. If you are interested in franchising opportunities, feel free to contact us.
No medication is prescribed via telephone.
No medication is prescribed without evaluation by our trained optometrist.
Medication is valid only when electronically generated printed prescription (prescribed by Registered Eye Doctor) is handed over by our trained optometrist.